This Milton Keynes based design and manufacturing business is looking to recruit a highly capable Accounts Assistant with Accounts Receivable, Credit Control and Accounts Payable experience.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be highly numerate and have had previous experience working in a finance team, ideally within the manufacturing sector. Competent using excel, you will be a good all-rounder, adept at completing finance tasks in a timely manner and managing varying responsibilities with a high attention to detail.
- To support the AR function, ensuring accuracy, and ensuring all invoices and credit notes are raised in an accurate and timely manner
- Daily customer contact
- Cash management
- Dealing with customer returns
- Cash flow forecasting and tracking
- Preparing weekly and urgent payment requests
- Back up for AP (holiday cover)
- Responsible for assessing the credit risk on new accounts, collecting overdue debt and providing regular aged debtor analyses
- To complete the daily bank reconciliation, allocating payments and receipts.
- Maintain the petty cash, out of pocket and credit card expense process in line with company policy ensuring validity and authorisation
- Update and maintain the Fixed Asset Register including additions and disposals and reconciling assets and depreciation to the general ledger. Administer finance lease transactions.
- Create and post journals – accruals and general journals
- Reconcile intercompany cross charging
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to support finance and management teams
- Ad hoc finance support
This role would suit an experienced individual who can demonstrate a good grounding in Accounts as well as solid administration experience including good knowledge of Excel.
The successful Candidate will have experience of reconciliations, purchase and sales ledger and excellent problem solving skills. A strong background in accounting preferably AAT qualified or studying for AAT is preferred but we will also consider Candidates who are qualified by experience as evidenced on the CV.
Experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable although not essential and any experience of IFS or similar ERP system would be advantageous. Applicants must have strong analytical skills and advanced excel – including pivot tables/vlookups.
This is a permanent role paying £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits.