This worldwide Engineering organisation based in Hampshire is looking to recruit an AAT qualified candidate to join the team as Assistant Accountant.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for assisting the Finance department with all financial activities for the UK Group.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Assisting with the Work in Progress and Job Closures with the Management Accountant, working closely with Project Managers and the Systems Group to provide reports to the Competence Centres.
- Working closely with Budget Holders and update them on spend to date, analyse actual costs against budget costs and provide updates on a monthly basis.
- Supporting the Systems Group and Service Business functions by providing project margin reports and analysing the variances.
- Working with the Head of Finance and Financial Accountant to assist with the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts and the month end preparation of accounts and submission of accounts to the European Head Office.
- Assisting on the purchase ledger as and when required
- Responding to information requests from Managing Director, Directors and Head of Finance and producing reports as and when required.
The successful candidate will be AAT Qualified with a strong analytical skills, the ability to multi task and work to multiple deadlines, and be highly detail minded when it comes to accuracy. Outstanding communication skills are essential - both verbal and written, and you must be outgoing, an effective team player and extremely motivated.
Experience of using Navision would be highly beneficial and intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills is essential. Very occasional travel to regional offices is required so applicants must hold a full UK Driving Licence.
This is a permanent role paying £25,000 – £28,000