This established Financial Services Organisation is looking to recruit a CASS Analyst to be based in their Basingstoke office.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance you will be responsible for supporting the CASS function broadly by CASS Oversight of TPA (until Sep 2017); managing and producing CASS reconciliations, CASS breach and issue investigations; supporting CASS audit; producing monthly MI / reporting.
Key Aspects of the role
- Oversight of the daily Client Money reconciliations produced by IFDS
- Reconstructing the IFDS Client Money reconciliations in line with the CASS rules
- Provide monthly CASS MI- Generation of the CF10a report monthly
- Completing the Client Money Asset returns monthly
- Assisting with the CASS Audits
- Reviewing and updating processes/controls in relation to new investments, distributions and maturities
- Update the CASS Resolution Packs when necessary
- Assist in updating of CASS policies and procedures
- Producing in house client money reconciliations
- Client cash receipting
- Processing client payments
- Effectively reviewing client transactions daily to ensure the treatment of Client Money/Custody Assets is compliant with the CASS rules
- Engaging in CASS projects and remedial programmes as required
- Attend CASS working group and IFDS meetings as required
- Manage and update the annual CASS calendar as required
- Maintain the CASS Rules Matrix monthly to ensure all process changes are documented in line with the CASS rules.
The successful candidate will ideally be a part qualified Accountant, educated to degree level as minimum, with 1 -2 years Financial Services exposure in particular with knowledge of the CASS rulebook and how to apply the rules to the firm’s operations and the ability and desire to learn CASS rules.
You should be a highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently and within a team when required. You must have good verbal reasoning capability, be adept at prioritising workload and demonstrate a high level of technical and professional expertise.
This is a permanent role paying up to £30,000.