Insights Director, £55000-60000, Leeds
An expanding multi-award-winning agency, working with many of the UK’s leading brands, seeks a high-calibre Insight Director to provide leadership for their Insight teams, ensuring the delivery of exceptional, high-quality market research for clients and in line with agreed revenue and profit targets.
The successful candidate will manage the overall Insight P&L, looking for opportunities to grow revenues amongst the existing client base; but also identifying areas where profitability can be improved via more effective working practices and better knowledge sharing.
A strong team leader is required, setting high standards and building proactive relationships with clients while achieving the following:
- Commercial planning - working alongside the MD and FD to define the annual revenue goals for each team Cluster, formulating the strategy for growth whilst managing profitability - overseeing day-to-day operations, e.g. effective resource allocation, talent management
- Commercial acumen - consistently guiding the Insight team to deliver high-impact, strategic yet tangible outputs that set out clear, commercially effective next steps for clients
- Business development - maintaining a consistent trajectory of growth, assisting the Business Development Director by continually identifying new opportunities in the market and converting these via active involvement in the proposal and pitch process
- Client planning - coaching the Cluster leads to ensure strong relationships are maintained across key clients - taking responsibility for the overall relationship on Tier One accounts
- Research rigor as well as new thinking - must have a firm grasp of the latest innovations in research methodologies, and the ability to feed this knowledge into ABA’s Innovation & Marketing plan - helping with the effective delivery of these new ideas, whilst maintaining the usual high standards of insight that the company derives from more tried-and-tested methodologies
- Best practice and quality standards - leading the way on defining expected standards, putting in appropriate frameworks for training, knowledge sharing, etc. - also having ultimate responsibility for appropriate processes for quality control
- Resource allocation - putting in place appropriate frameworks to ensure the effective allocation of insight resource across accounts, whilst also making sure appropriate resource is allocated to drive marketing and innovation activity
- Team leadership - working with the HR Director to ensure clear processes are in place for retention, recruitment/ selection, succession planning, promotions and talent management
If you have the right mindset, set of skills and relevant experience, don’t hesitate to apply now!