Chief Operating Officer / COO opportunity with an ambitious membership organisation which has national influence and international standing. Currently going through a period of strategic and operational change, the COO role has been newly created to contribute to and oversee these changes. This will require an individual with commercial acumen and the ability to think strategically and innovate, in order to analyse and improve operating areas whilst holding full responsibility for the financial and fiscal governance of the organisation.
Working as part of a small head office team based in Central London you will need a finance / business background along with strong project and people management skills. Your remit will be wide ranging but include;
• Analysing and improving operating areas and developing an implementation plan for the organisation’s strategy.
• Ensure financial sustainability for the organisation, developing business opportunities where applicable with stakeholders and partners in the sector
• Develop and lead the existing office team; supporting organisational growth and the professional development of staff
• Work specifically with the President, Treasurer, Executive and Trustee Board to ensure delivery of the operational plan and good governance of the finances of the charity.
• Understand and operationalise the four main work-streams of the Charity helping develop it as a membership organisation.
• Lead and manage all day to day functions of the organisation
• Support the functions of the Executive and Governance Committees of the Society including the preparation of agendas, papers, minutes and other required documentation/filings/registrations.
• Process correspondence for the governance committees (above), write reports and ensure decisions made are well communicated
• Deliver hands on management of the finance function. Including quarterly/monthly management accounts, year-end Statutory Accounts and Annual Report
To apply successfully for this opportunity, you will have knowledge of both finance and governance matters, ideally in a not for profit / charity organisation. You'll be knowledgeable about business development as well as strategic finance matters and have experience of implementing and delivering business change and effective solutions in a similar business setting. Importantly, you will be resilient, assertive and confident and able to interact with support staff and professionals within local, regional and national partner organisations/bodies.