This market leading hospitality organisation is looking to recruit a Finance Manager to be based in their London Head office during a period of significant growth.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Reporting you will be responsible for reviewing and understanding key controls around group and country balance sheets, working capital and cash flow.
The role would suit an ambitious, qualified accountant with a strong track record of academic achievement combined with a ‘hands-on’, proactive approach to finding solutions to problems as they arise, and with the confidence and desire to seek further improvements in the group finance process and controls over time.
- Perform balance sheet reviews across the group, including but not limited to;
- Review of balance sheet reconciliation process
- Identify any control gaps and/or risks in the balance sheet and the related process
- Help countries implement best practice and provide solutions
- Review of monthly working capital KPIs across the Group
- Review on monthly cash flow KPIs across the Group
- Liaise with Internal audit in follow up on control issues identified during the internal and external audit.
- Report the findings to quarterly Risk Committee
- Perform country specific review on specific items, as agreed with the Group Financial Controller, Group CFO or Risk Committee.
- Work closely with Global Business Services division on balance sheet reconciliation and control matters to find solutions
- Dealing with ad hoc requests from the Group Financial Controller, Group Head of Financial Reporting and other senior managers as required.
The ideal applicant will be an ACA Qualified accountant from the big 4 preferably with Operational/component or SSC audit experience and a retail background would be preferred although not essential. Knowledge of the UK and International accounting standards is key as is strong systems proficiency, particularly the use of Excel spreadsheets.
If you are a bright, energetic, and highly motivated individual with ambitions to progress your career within a worldwide business then this could be a great career opportunity for you. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the business. Key to this role is the ability to work under pressure as well as accuracy, attention to detail and strong self-review processes.
This is a permanent role paying £55,000 - £65,000 + bonus + benefits