Finance Manager - Shared Service Centre
This international Consulting business is seeking an experienced SSC (Shared Service Centre) Finance Manager to help manage and expand their finance outsourcing service. This is a relatively new division and therefore prospects are excellent as you help to grow this part of the business. What makes this Finance Manager opportunity unusual is that as well as overseeing existing client relationships you will be tasked with seeking out new assignments and clients through business development and marketing events (with the support of the marketing team and client events that the business already runs). This interesting role will appeal to those who like providing an excellent technical service but who also enjoy the customer facing aspect of what they do.
As the Finance Manager you will;
- be responsible for providing crucial finance outsourcing solutions to clients (including Finance Controller and Management Accounts services) ensuring that all work exceeds the expectations of clients and partners
- seek out new assignments through business development activity and assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work
- organise and attend office marketing events, be aware of the wider range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs
- be responsible for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- be responsible for managing teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of staff to ensure work is appropriately completed to satisfy objectives.
To apply successfully, you will be someone who has a genuine interest in your clients and want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations. You will also be;
- professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- comfortable seeking out new work, building relationships and meeting new people.
- up to speed with compliance and regulation, in particular IFRS, FRS 101, FRS 102
- keen to engage and support clients with complex financial reporting matters such as HFI engagements
- able to apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight by asking great questions, listening and drawing on your teams’ collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- supportive and a great mentor to team members
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning international business, who truly support and develop their people, in a different and exciting type of role. Please apply to Ian Hardy at Onyx Recruitment for more information.