This Northamptonshire based business services organisation is recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager to provide strategic direction in the planning and delivery of Finance.
Reporting to the CEO and the Head of Operations you will be working as a key partner within the Senior Management team, contributing to the strategic and operational management of finance. You will take on a mentoring role with the Accounts Clerk helping to further train and develop their skillset.
Key Aspects of the role
- Ensure the financial viability of the organisation - including calculation, agreement and monitoring of annual Budgets, preparation of in-year forecasts and modifications to plans.
- Preparation and interpretation of management accounts.
- Responsibility for official returns in line with statutory and contractual requirements.
- Input to relevant sub-groups of the Board of Directors.
- Management of commercial company insurance matters.
- Company Secretarial duties to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Work effectively as part of the management team to identify key business objectives, developing appropriate plans and implementation strategies.
This role would suit an Accountant with sound technical skills, a hands-on style and previous experience of managing and developing a finance team. Applications will be considered from qualified or part qualified candidates (CIMA / ACCA / AAT) and study will be supported and applications from candidates who are qualified by experience will also be welcomed.
The ideal candidate will be used to providing strategic input into a senior management team, with excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. You must be hands-on, able to produce management accounts, budgets and in-year reforecasts.
If you thrive working under pressure and have a methodical and analytical style then this role can offer you a challenging enjoyable set of duties working in a supportive, friendly environment and the opportunity to be the key Finance contact on the Senior Management team.
You must have advanced spreadsheet and database skills and experience of using finance software ideally Exchequer.
This is a permanent role paying £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits.