Finance Projects Manager - This international consulting organisation empowers their people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for their clients as well as exciting career prospects for their employees. They are currently looking for proactive and commercial individuals who have been working as Financial Controllers / Finance Managers / Financial or Management Accountants in commercial organisations of all sizes to join their growing team as Financial Projects Managers.
As a Finance Projects Manager you will play an integral role within the business and have the opportunity to help develop and implement strategy for this growing team. Leading on engagements, you will provide high-end technical advice and work alongside other areas of the business to deliver a diverse range of projects. This team is growing fast and winning numerous projects on a weekly basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- work directly with clients on diverse projects (IPO's, IFRS/New UK GAAP conversions and technical accounting opinions).
- implement the growth strategy for your team.
- be proactive in developing, maintaining and monitoring your internal and external personal network.
- engage with the wider firm to create firm wide financial reporting advisory related opportunities
- lead in the production and presentation of proposals for new work.
- lead on the development of thought leadership and marketing pieces and host internal and external related events to raise the profile of the team.
- advise on complex accounting issues under IFRS / New UK GAAP, prepare, and review technical accounting papers.
- work with clients and other areas of the business to establish an understanding of the commercial situation and financial reporting impact.
- develop and inspire junior members of the team in their progression and delivery.
Who we're looking for;
- You'll have a professional Accounting qualification
- have substantial post-qualified experience using IFRS/UK GAAP
- experience of group structures in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- the ability to support and mentor staff
- you'll ideally have previous business development experience
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
- You will have a personal development plan put in place for you which will help you grow your skills. You’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across the business or going on secondments in the UK and abroad. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.