Financial Controller, North London. £50 - £58k
Financial Controller opportunity working with an inspirational entrepreneur to help grow a multi-site business across London. You will be a key member of the senior management team and be able to be both “hands on” whilst also having the strategic and commercial ability to play a big part in the growth of the business by building a high performing finance function.
You will be tasked with leading all financial activities of the business, providing strong financial direction, maintaining and developing the financial systems and controls and reporting to the CEO on performance, financial forecasting and cashflow to aid efficient & effective decision making.
Day to day, you will be;
- Reporting to, and working closely with, the CEO to deliver the company strategy
- Preparing and maintaining budgets and forecasts and continuous monitoring and reporting of KPIs and variances for the Board
- Preparing monthly management accounts, with commentary for the Board
- Pro-actively managing working capital, cashflow and funding requirements, including credit control and supplier payments
- Managing systems and procedures to ensure effective management of the company’s finances, including receipts and payments and financial control
- Ability to work with company software for management/invoicing, Xero, payroll
- Support in financial modelling
- Developing and maintaining strong relations with the company’s external investment managers
- Partnering with the operational team to contribute towards a continuous improvement environment
- Ensuring that accounting policies and procedures follow best practice and comply with relevant accounting standards
- Day to day management of external accounting and banking relationships
- Managing year-end audit process and production of statutory accounts with the company’s auditors
- Taking responsibility for payroll and associated PAYE compliance
- Managing tax affairs and HMRC compliance, in conjunction with the company’s auditors, including Corporation Tax returns and VAT, if applicable
- Managing and developing a small Finance Team
To apply successfully for this excellent opportunity, you will be a qualified Accountant with strong IT systems skills and have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, including the ability to work closely and communicate clearly with both financial and non-financial people. You must have strong financial modelling skills, a high level of energy and enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude. In return, you will enjoy being part of a dynamic team on an exciting journey as the business grows.