This well-established business services company based in Newport Pagnell is looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller to take responsibility for executing, maintaining and improving the processes necessary to ensure effective accounting control and ensure accuracy of company’s general ledger.
Reporting directly to the CFO you will be responsible for the Statutory Accounting, & reporting for the business and managing one direct report taking ownership of that individuals development.
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Deliver a successful audit by working closely with the auditors
- Liaison with Finance on intercompany and transfer pricing activities
- Responsible for accounts payable, receivable, and invoicing through the SAP B1 system
- Responsible for maintenance and uploading into the corporate reporting system
- Responsible for payroll, fixed assets, and leases through their respective systems
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the books are closed to meet the company close timetable and to a very high standard
- Booking journals, closing of the general ledger, and carry out balance sheet reviews each month so financial records are accurate and complete
- Provide insightful analysis and understanding of performance to the Group CFO and Director of International Business to explain the results for the month
- Provide support to the Finance team to enable them to prepare the monthly business review
- Responsible for assessment of customers and establishing credit limits, processing credit memos, collections
- Build an efficient and effective internal controls environment
- Manage the company’s risk management process
- Coordinate and ensure the annual planning process results in an accurate and meaningful plan
- Manage one direct report supporting the accounting and finance function ensuring that their development needs are met
- Business Partnering; Provide financial support to the business on ad hoc projects and investment appraisal
To apply you must be a qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent with a degree, and minimum 3 years’ experience in an Accounting role. You must be a strong communicator possessing effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal skills.
If you have strong ethics, can demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and a high level of initiative then this could be the career opportunity for you. Applicants must have advanced Microsoft Office skills to include Excel, Word & Outlook as well as experience of SAP.