This Luton based Engineering business is looking for a hands-on Financial Controller to join the Senior Management to provide sound financial and commercial support.
You will be responsible for the day to day running of UK Finance including managing one Accounts Assistant as well as supporting the Group Finance function.
This role requires a qualified accountant who has worked predominantly in Industry and who has strong commercial awareness combined with the ability to communicate financial information to non-finance senior management and challenge where necessary.
Key aspects of the role
- Daily, weekly & monthly management reporting as required to group timetable
- Preparation of Budgets / Forecasts in group format to group timetable in conjunction with other members
- Manage annual statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with group finance team to group timetable
- Oversee completion of Corporation Tax return in accordance with group tax team and external tax advisors
- Internal Control reporting and ownership of actions to improve ICD scores for the business
- Ensuring compliance with group policies in all areas of the business
- Commercial support including Sales reporting, Margin analysis, Inventory management, Customer Relationship management, Credit decisions
- Management of agreed customer rebates
- Review of customer T&Cs where required to ensure terms are commercially acceptable to the business
- Manage & process the monthly payroll for all employees, including all required statutory returns & payments by required deadlines
- Pensions administration
- Management and mentoring of Accounts Assistant to include annual performance appraisal, agreeing personal objectives & development requirements and mentoring development of Finance Assistant to ensure deliverables are achieved
- Company Secretarial & Company Director duties for legal entity
- IT management & support for ERP system
You should be a hands-on Financial Controller – this is a small department so requires someone technically sound who is not unhappy to involve themselves in transactional processing when required, but who also has the gravitas and the acumen to deal with the Group Finance requirements at a higher level.
This role would suit an individual who is comfortable working in a small team environment and as part of a wider group structure. You must be highly IT literate, with advanced Excel skills and ideally with experience of system implementation – experience of JD Edwards or Oracle would be highly beneficial.
This is a permanent role paying £55,000 - £60,000 depending on experience plus excellent benefits.