Financial Controller. Cambridge. C£80k. An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Controller to join an innovative business who specialise in the design and development of new functional materials for the science & technology industries. Based in Cambridge, you will manage a small finance team and report directly to the General Manager. As Financial Controller you will liaise closely with senior management, operational departments and budget holders and be responsible for;
- Managing the outsourced Finance function to ensure all duties are completed promptly and accurately in order that accounting records are maintained satisfactorily to enable internal and external financial and taxation reporting requirements to be met.
- Maintaining a strong internal control environment for the Finance function and the wider business to ensure compliance with all financial regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Management of Budgets;- production and review of annual company budget and longer term budgets and communicate these and forecasts to senior management, together with analysis and commentary.
- Statutory, Regulatory and Management Accounting;- review and approval of monthly management accounts, parent company management reporting packages, preparation of Parent, Subsidiary and Group Financial statements under IFRS.
- Taxation;- corporation taxation, employment taxation, VAT reporting and payment, review of Research and Development expenditure credit calculation and monitor transfer pricing transactions between group companies.
- Systems and Controls;- responsible for updating and maintaining finance policy and procedures, monthly review of outsourced company controls, maintenance of the company wide risk and control matrix, providing recommendations to senior management for changes and processes needed to address risks, liaison with internal auditors and manage the internal audit.
- Cash Management;- liaise with fellow subsidiaries to ensure effective cash management within the worldwide group. Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts. Manage cash balances within different banks and currencies.
Key working relationships;
- Liaise on a frequent basis with finance outsource company to ensure compliance with the service level agreement.
- Liaise closely with senior management, operational departments and budget holders.
- Seek advice from external advisers including auditors and tax advisers.
- Maintain contact with the professional association and in order to keep abreast of new financial developments.
To apply successfully for this opportunity you will be a qualified Accountant, educated to degree level and with initial training as an accountant either with a major audit firm or major “blue chip” company. Significant post qualification work experience in a senior accounting role is a prerequisite along with a proven track record of outstanding technical competence, with experience of IFRS, successful audits and management of all company taxes. You will ideally have experience of Research and Development Expenditure credits and transfer pricing and have a strong intellect along with good analytical skills combined with a commercial outlook.
Importantly, you will have;
- Independence of mind with a robust and straightforward personality that will enable you to achieve credibility quickly both internally and externally.
- A persuasive manner and the maturity required to work effectively alongside senior management.
- Energy and be highly motivated and self-confident.
- Proactive, business focused and results driven.
- First class verbal and written presentation skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skill.
- Clear decision-making skills.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced competency in Excel.
- Knowledge of Sun Systems and Infor Query and Analysis would be advantageous.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, please forward your details to Onyx Recruitment.