This Private Equity backed business is looking for a Qualified Accountant to join as Financial Controller with experience of working for a Private Equity / Venture Capitalist backed company with high growth potential.
As no 1 in finance, the Financial Controller will be tasked with the financial analysis and financial planning of the company in order to achieve the strategic goals. This is a hands-on role and the company is keen to find an individual who is both commercial and willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Managing and mentoring the Accounts team of 2.
- Forecasting, budgeting and cash flow management.
- Reporting including the preparation of management accounts and annual accounts.
- Producing the monthly VAT returns.
- Invoice processing, supplier payments scheduling.
- Processing payroll.
- Maintaining the cap table, keeping share certificates up to date, ensuring EIS documentation up to date etc.
- Manage the company’s finance IT system.
- Providing regular financial updates to shareholders.
- Optimising bank charges and payment fees.
- Highlighting potential improvements with supplier terms - payment days, margin etc.
- Managing an effective and efficient day-to-day operation.
The role requires a technically sound qualified Accountant with a background in Practice or Commerce who has previously worked alongside or for PE/VC ‘s. This is an exciting career move for an ambitious individual looking to take their first step into a Head of Finance role that will grow with the company’s planned expansion.
If you are a positive, collaborative individual who enjoys leading a team and wants to make an impact in a company with fast growth plans then this could be the role for you.
This is a permanent role paying £ £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience.