This rapidly growing and well funded international business based in Milton Keynes needs an ambitious Group Finance Manager to support its continuing expansion. The existing owners are looking to exit within three years and the successful candidate will be granted share options as part of their package. Working closely with the CFO, CEO and COO, the Group Finance Manager will become an integral part of this highly entrepreneurial senior management team with the target of tripling turnover over the next 2 years.
Our client is expanding its operations into new countries and this role is a great development opportunity for the right individual. Responsibilities will be wide ranging but include;
- Manage the day to day Head office Accounting and Finance team/tasks.
- Preparation of parent company and consolidated accounts at a month/year-end for both internal reporting and external audit purposes.
- Producing monthly and quarterly financial reporting analysis, monitoring performance against Plans and Budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual Budget.
- Overseeing the processing and control of multi-currency purchasing transactions.
- Cash management and preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts
- Maintaining and overseeing multi-currency Banking relationships and systems including multiple overseas accounts and banking facilities.
- Overseeing Intercompany recharges and transactions with overseas subsidiaries including the settlement and reconciliation of balances.
- Supporting the CFO/COO and other depts in the business.
- Liaising and coordinating with local subsidiary accounting teams and external advisors (accountants & auditors) in the UK and other countries.
- Ensuring integrity of multi-company, multi-currency financial reporting system
- Developing systems, controls & procedures to ensure effective and efficient use of the financial reporting system
- Liaising and providing reports and information to external accountants for the year end accounts and Tax returns (inclusive of R&D Tax credits).
- Any additional responsibilities and ad-hoc projects and tasks required for the efficient running of the office and team.
To apply successfully for this interesting and progressive position, you will be an ambitious qualified Accountant with a strong understanding of accounting systems and processes. You must have a flexible approach to working and the ability to work on your own initiative. The job will require strong numeracy, literacy, communication and organisational skills and the capability to create and work with financial models in MS Excel spreadsheets. Additionally;
- Experience of using a variety of financial systems in a group, multi -entity (consolidation), multi-currency environment is a pre-requisite.
- A knowledge of the French language would be helpful although not essential.
- The ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, clients and suppliers and to perform in an efficient and courteous manner at all times.
To apply for this opportunity, or if you wish to find out more about it, please email your CV to Onyx Recruitment.