Group Financial Controller opportunity with a high profile PR and Events company featured in the Sunday Times Best Companies to work for. You will benefit from a flexible working environment including remote working and a fun but highly professional office environment (with amazing views over the river and City) and 30 days holiday. As Group Financial Controller, you will take responsibility for all aspects of financial planning, analysis, accounting, reporting and internal financial control. You will manage a finance team of 5 and report to the Finance Director.
- Manage the finance team of 5 in the day-to-day operation of their core activities.
- Prepare all routine management information and further analysis as requested.
- Assist FD in preparation for Finance Committee meetings
- Act as system administrator for the accounting system (Microsoft Dynamics NAV), resolve questions from users and introduce improvements. Manage service providers
- Plan and implement systems improvements and upgrades and adapt accounting systems, processes, controls and ledgers
- Manage production of annual business plan budget and review reconciliation from business plan to budget and actual figures throughout the year
- Review and check VAT returns prepared for all companies
- Prepare consolidation summary for the group accounts
- Prepare draft financial statements for all subsidiaries
- Manage audit requirements and liaise with the audit team
Knowledge and experience required
- Ideally be a Qualified Accountant
- Experience of acting for multiple entities
- Strong IT skills and ideally experience of systems integration/implementation
- Excel modelling capability
- Ability to prepare financial statements including deferred income and revenue recognition concepts
- Good understanding of UK VAT and Corporation Tax essential
- Proven ability to manage projects and deadlines
- Proven ability to manage and motivate teams
To apply successfully
To apply successfully for this great opportunity you will be someone who is energised by dynamic work environments, challenge and change and have a proactive and positive approach to work. You will be adaptable and a quick learner, have excellent problem solving skills and enjoy working in and leading a team.
In addition to the benefit of flexible working (one day per week working from home) you will also get 30 days holiday, a generous company pension scheme, a performance related bonus and be part of a great team with in-house training and development opportunities.
Please send your details to Ian Hardy at Onyx Recruitment to apply and for further information.