This AIM listed group based in Luton, is looking for a qualified Group Tax Accountant with a background with one of the Top Ten accountancy firms and/or an in-house multinational function.
Reporting to the Group Head of Tax you must possess strong corporate tax knowledge, extensive experience of preparing tax computations and UK GAAP/IFRS accounting experience. A willingness to get involved in other taxes such as employment taxes and VAT is also key and an appreciation of international tax principles is welcome.
This is an ideal role for someone looking for their first in-house move or someone who is looking for flexible working hours.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Preparation of UK corporation tax computations (for approximately 40 companies).
- Preparation of year-end group tax numbers under IFRS for the consolidated accounts, including liaising with external auditors and overseas tax advisors.
- Preparation of tax numbers for UK GAAP accounts of the UK subsidiaries.
- Managing the group’s quarterly tax instalments payments.
- Assisting with the group’s SAO compliance work, including documentation and testing of processes and controls.
- Providing tax support to the UK businesses, the Group Legal Team and the Company Secretary, including corporate tax, VAT and employment taxes.
- Monitoring the group’s position within the corporate interest restriction rules.
- Assisting with Country by Country Reporting requirements.
- Assisting the Group Head of Tax with planning projects, such as BEPS, acquisitions, HMRC enquiries and international tax issues.
This role would suit a tax professional who enjoys partnering with the business and wants to advance their career as this role will evolve to develop you to eventually deputise for the Group Head of Tax.
The company is happy to consider applications from Candidates who are looking for flexi working – be that 4 days per week or 5 days a week at reduced hours and they offer the chance for the individual to gain experience of International acquisitions and associates projects.
This is a permanent role paying £55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits.