This fast growing start-up based in London is looking to make a key hire by recruiting a Head of Finance and Operations.
A highly innovative business in construction e-commerce they are on target to double their turnover in the next year and are offering a rare opportunity for the Head of Finance & Operations to help shape the future strategy in a growing sector inside a company with a social conscience.
Reporting to and working alongside the CEO this is a pivotal role within the company. You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of the company, shaping the way the business is managed to support the planned high growth rate.
- Providing day-to-day leadership and management to the operational and financial teams within the business
- Leading the inventory management and purchasing function with all key suppliers, ensuring the business can support the forecast sales while efficiently managing cash.
- Managing the third-party logistics relationship
- Optimising internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness.
- Creating and maintaining accurate and actionable cash flow forecasts to help the leadership team make informed decisions.
- Assist in raising capital in line with cash flow forecasts, including managing our relationship with the bank
- Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the leadership team informed of all critical issues.
- Leading the in-house customer care team, developing or improving processes as appropriate
- Ensure the business is legally protected and by ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and policies.
Applicants must be fully qualified either ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CFAB or equivalent with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in demanding business environments with a proven record of delivering projects. You must have an engaging confident character, strong negotiating ability and high level communication and leadership skills.
The role requires a technical Accountant with excellent commercial awareness and business and financial acumen. This role requires a team player, someone who will inspire and motivate the team to achieve and excel at their roles. Understanding of the Construction industry is highly desirable as well as operational consulting experience – especially on Projects – and an interest in working in the Social Enterprise space.
This is a permanent role paying £50,000 to £60,000 pa depending upon experience. There is also future potential for equity based on commitment and results.