This FTSE 250 London based property organisation is looking to recruit a commercial and technically sound Interim Financial Controller, with Property experience, to cover maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for leading the operational Finance team to provide financial insight and support to the business unit, supporting the group finance team in production of group level financial information for both internal and external reporting (including investor relations, lenders and other stakeholders), and assisting the FD by providing robust, timely financial data for decision making and on such other tasks and projects.
- Support scenario planning and modelling for acquisitions, asset management, leasing and capex transactions by providing decision making information for and oversight of approval papers
- Lead the design, content and review of monthly and quarterly management information including NPI, Capex and KPI
- Taking a leading role in the results process in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- Monitoring and review of the balance sheet
- Ensure that all operational metrics on trade debt, service charge, deposits, and billings are kept up to date
- Advise and guide stakeholders on appropriate treatment for proposed transactions
- Lead the financial production and review of the detailed annual budget feeding the business plan, including management of audit relationship for business unit
- Design and improve business systems to deliver more efficient processes across the team, aiming for “real time” reporting while ensuring appropriate controls are established to prevent and detect error
- Lead the reporting of the monthly and quarterly management packs
- Take a lead role in one off transactions or specific projects as required
- Support the resulting changes to the Group’s holding structure as they convert to REIT status
This is a key role and the role requires the successful candidate to develop strong working relationships, and encourage good levels of communication, with the immediate team, Group Finance and internal and external stakeholders to ensure the finance function is the foundation of the business unit’s decision making process. You will have direct line managerial responsibility for the Finance Manager, and indirect responsibility for both the Management Accountant and the Property Accountant.
Applicants must be fully qualified (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with 6 years PQE minimum. You should have extensive Investment Property or Retail experience, prior exposure to IFRS and REIT experience would be highly advantageous. Previous use of Agresso General Ledger and Qube Horizon would be useful.
If you are looking for a new contract working on exciting projects in a results-orientated and performance driven environment with a focus on excellence. Then this could be the next role for you.
This is a 12 month contract paying £500 - £600 per day depending on experience.