This Dunstable based Engineering company is looking to recruit an experienced Interim Logistics and Procurement Manager to caretake the UK function whilst a permanent appointment is made.
Reporting to the Head of Sales UK and the Head of Supply Chain you will manage a team of 2 direct reports and 2 indirect reports. Your main objectives will centre around ensuring stock ordering as well as stock levels held efficiently and accurately meet the day to day and forecasting requirements of the business, as well as managing the day to day warehouse operations whilst meeting stringent health & safety requirements.
Keys Areas of Responsibility (Fuller job spec detailing responsibilities available)
- Demand Planning - Lead the demand planning process to reach the allocated forecast accuracy target. Logistics - Lead the interface to the Global Supply team, transferring the Customer Logistic Service Requirement into clear OTIF target and actions.
- Purchasing - Connected to the Global Supply Chain Team (dotted line), lead the UK specific 3rd party supplier interface, allocated ownership by Global Supply chain.
- Warehouse - Managing the day to day running of the warehouse and working closely with the warehouse supervisor
- Health & Safety- Ensure the warehouse and business premises are up to current requirements for health & safety. A tidy, clean and safe environment at all times with a list of objectives monitored and implemented on monthly basis.
- Non Stock Purchasing - to control in line with Group guidelines all non stock purchasing for UK&I operations.
- Management - Assume management responsibilities of all warehouse staff as well as the purchasing assistant in line with HR and group requirements.
- Business Support - as a member of the UK leadership team, drive any improvement and projects that decided which will improve the overall performance of the UK business.
This role would suit a collaborative individual with a commitment to customer satisfaction and business growth. You must have a minimum of 5 years Supply Chain Management experience and the ability to build an understanding of the customer’s business, industry and commercial environment and identify viable opportunities.
If you are an extrovert character, with strong communication and leadership skills, combined with an inner drive and passion to excel then this could be the role for you.
Prior experience of Exact and JDE would be highly beneficial and you must be highly computer literate.
This is an Interim role paying £170 - £200 per day dependent on experience and pay status (PAYE/LTD co). Applicants must possess a driving licence.