This market leading Financial Services organisation based in Milton Keynes is seeking an experienced IT & Systems Manager to head up the small IT team and take ownership of the IT systems.
The ideal Candidate will have outstanding communication skills and be highly customer service driven with a focus on delivering excellence. You should be a strong leader, adept at managing staff with a proven technical background.
Key Aspects of the role include:
- Managing, maintaining and optimising the current IT solution (consisting of a mix of remote desktops, laptop and Mac users)
- Managing the 3rd Party suppliers (i.e. remote desktop, connectivity and telephony providers)
- Acting as the main point of contact for external suppliers to include contract understanding and negotiation
- Being the escalation point for technical issues as and when required
- Providing 1st and 2nd line desktop support
- Defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assessing information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhancing information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguarding assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and backup procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishing financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- IT procurement
Applicants should be ITIL qualified, experienced in 1st and 2nd line end-user support, Windows remote desktop and thin clients and Google Apps Enterprise Edition & MS Office, as well as Purecloud telephony system (Genesys).
This role would suit someone used to working on a fast paced and continuous improvement environment, who enjoys taking the IT lead on projects /implementation of new products and who can work autonomously and self-manage as well as lead the team.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious IT & Systems Manager looking for a role in a fast moving and highly successful organisation. This is a permanent role paying £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience plus benefits.