SENIOR MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT
Senior Management Accountant, Ruislip, £55-60k.
A highly successful entrepreneurial company with a turnover of £65m is looking for an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant to play a key operational finance role in the running of related functions in a fast-growing business. Skill in financial analysis, management accounting and expertise in Excel are crucial to this role and experience in the FMCG, Food, Retail or a related market would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will become progressively aware of all functions of the business and take overall responsibility for operational accounting activities; to provide clear objective direction and support to the Board. Responsibilities will include:
- To play a key role in running the accounts function in order to ensure the effective operation of the function, whilst contributing to the financial and business direction of the company and supporting the company's ambitious plans for the future.
- To ensure the efficient performance of accounting routines and controls. To direct and supervise activities in the accounting, administration and related functions. To ensure that the finance and accounting function is integrated into the business.
- To provide support in preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and cash flow forecasts; to assist in the development of longer term plans for the business and provide commercial input into those plans.
- To supervise the preparation of monthly management accounts and to ensure that the information is clearly presented in terms that can be understood by non-financial managers and to compare the result to budget. To analyse and interpret the accounts and propose required courses of action
- To ensure that the company's cash flows are re-forecast regularly and that the actual flows are compared to forecast on a period basis and to take action when variances occur.
- Refine and monitor cost controls with reports to management on potential savings. Continuously up-date and improve department working methods and information produced.
Evidence of effective commercial input, covering such areas as cost control and pricing together with application of sound internal systems and controls and the development and implementation of in-house, integrated computerised accounting systems will secure the role.