This prestigious Investment Property company based in Central London are looking to recruit a Property Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller with a dotted line to the Finance Director you will be responsible for the accurate and timely production of the Service Charge Accounts in line with the Accounting Standards.
- Managing service charge audit relationship, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Preparing service charge quarterly variance analysis, highlighting the reasons behind all material variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
- Working with the business to prepare the quarterly service charge re-forecast and annual budget ensuring that each a detailed review is conducted and that the forecast/budget accurately reflects the operational plans of the business.
- Developing relationships with the key stakeholders both external and internal to improve communication and ensure accuracy, relevance and timeliness of service charge statements.
- Service charge balance sheet reconciliations - monitoring balances to ensure that charges are appropriately recharged to tenants or taken to the income statement on a timely basis, ensuring that the annual tenant reconciliation exercise clears down all balances.
- Maintenance of tenant ledger account and collection of debt.
- Ensuring tenant receipts are correctly accepted and fully and accurately allocated in a timely manner.
- Reporting of tenant debt and collections including regular meetings with the business and finance as required.
- Collection of tenant turnover information and preparation of internal tenant turnover reporting.
- Maintenance of residential deposit scheme schedules and deposit interest calculations.
- Completion statements for incoming and outgoing tenants.
- Maintain procedures for Service Charge Accounting and Credit Control.
This role would suit an experienced Property Accountant with prior experience of both Service Charge Accounting and compiling management accounts and variance analysis. Advanced MS Excel skills are essential and experience of using Agresso and or Horizon would be highly beneficial. Applicants must also be adept at Credit Control and be used to working in a results-orientated and performance driven environment with a focus on excellence.
If you have experience of working for an Investment property company as a Property Accountant and pride yourself of being detail minded, organised and reliable then this could be a great career opportunity for you. Key to this role is a personable supportive approach and the ability to communicate with non-finance professionals as well as with finance colleagues.
Applications will be accepted from Candidates who are Qualified or studying accountants as well as Candidates who are qualified by experience.
This is a permanent role paying £45,0000 - £50,000 depending on experience plus benefits.