This Market Leading organisation within the food industry is looking for a qualified Accountant to join the Finance team as the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst.
The ideal Candidate will come from an FMCGb, Food or Retail background and be looking to make their next career move into a business partnering role with a strong commercial analysis element.
KEY ASPECTS OF THE ROLE
- Develop and maintain key relationships with internal (Sales, Procurement, Supply Chain) & external stakeholders (Suppliers, Customers & manufacturers).
- Partner with key Senior Leadership Team members, becoming their Finance SME through regular reviews.
- Provide insightful commercial analysis such as investment appraisal, market research, margin analysis to support and drive key business decisions.
- Monitor compliance to loan agreements and financial/business performance
- Lead, consolidate and present periodic 5-year plan, budget and forecast for Board approval
- Regular communication with non-finance stakeholder to interpret impact on results
- Drive continuous improvement in the accuracy of periodic forecasts
- Undertake undertaken activities to close out period including product and overhead reviews.
- Review and analysis key overhead departments
- Continuously improve the service of the finance team through efficiencies and insightful reporting
- Completion and presentation of due diligence and investment appraisal for Board approval
- Prepare and support statutory financial audits and respond accordingly to any queries
- Ownership of the management reports such as Management accounts and Margin Analysis
Applicants must hold a professional finance qualification (ideally ACA or CIMA) with at least 2 years PQE and speak a second European language - ideally Spanish. Experience of working in an FMCG or retail environment with a particular focus on gross margins is essential.
You must be highly analytical with excellent attention to detail and be adept at working with and interpreting data. Key to this role is strong interpersonal and business partnering skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders, so you must be able to evidence proven experience of negotiating with and influencing key stakeholders, seeking win-win solutions.
You should be used to working with and meeting time critical deadlines and possess advanced IT skills including a high level of proficiency in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Experience of Navision would be highly beneficial.
This is a permanent role paying £55,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, plus 25 days holiday and benefits.