This market leading online retailer is looking for a highly driven Senior Finance Analyst to play a key role in the Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be based at the head office in Hertfordshire and play a significant Senior Business Partner to the business making key decisions and supporting the Operational teams.
- Act as the senior business partner with operational Director and any direct reports
- Produce and enhance period management accounts (revenue and capex), analysis and commentary (3-5 days in the period) and present to Manager and Head of Finance
- Produce, enhance and review weekly & periodic KPIs, ensure they are insightful and issue in agreed timelines
- Lead & develop process and produce the Annual Budget and Quarterly Forecasts and present to Senior Management in Finance and Operations
- Support the evaluation of the potential of new capital and revenue related projects and enhance processes to monitor the performance of existing initiatives
- Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and budgeting processes
- Support ad hoc requests for analysis and information from Manager, Head of Finance, Directors and their direct reports
- Provide support to and build effective relationships with key operational customers listed above
- Preparation of information for external reporting
- Manage and develop 1 to 2 graduate analysts in team (dependent on experience)
The successful candidate will be highly commercial with in depth understanding of an online retail business coupled with the ability to produce reports, analysis and commentaries to assist the Head of Finance in managing the overall business.
You should be a Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant (2yrs + minimum PQE experience), with a minimum 2:1 degree and Advanced Excel skills and previous use of Hyperion would be advantageous.
Experience of period management accounts, analysis and commentary, budgeting and forecasting and supporting finance and non-finance teams must all be evident in your application/CV.
The ideal applicant will be a sophisticated communicator able to interact across all operational functions of the business, both financial and non-financial. If you are logical, self-motivated, proactive, have an eye for detail, and are confident to challenge business partners and comfortable operating within an environment of substantial change then this could be an exciting career opportunity for you.
This is a permanent role paying £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience plus benefits.