This high profile Business Services organisation is recruiting an experienced Senior HR Business Partner based in the Midlands with travel to sites including London, Sheffield and Kent.
This is an exciting new role where you will not only manage a team of HR Operations Partners and get involved with general HR work but you will also be involved in leading strategic transformational change programmes, involvement in Compensation and Reward schemes, support a learning and development programme/strategy as well as truly partnering with the senior levels in the organisation, challenging and influencing key stakeholders.
The Senior HR Business Partner is also responsible for providing strategic day to day leadership to drive the delivery of the businesses HR Plans to improve business performance and effectiveness. To ensure HR proactively partners and collaborates with Senior Management at divisional and business unit level to provide pragmatic and commercially focused solutions in relation to the people agenda that will meet business strategic objectives, creating an environment of positive people management; ensuring we acquire, develop and retain talented people who are fully engaged and productive.
Key Aspects of the role
- Understanding the profile of all business units in the Division, the strategic goals, and assisting the HR Operations Partners in developing, agreeing and delivering strategically aligned People Plans to support business aims.
- Build strong professional relationships with divisional and business unit senior leaders, and participate in relevant meetings to actively contribute to the strategic decisions of the division and business units.
- Line management of team of HR Operations Partners, providing support, direction and development as required and determining the resourcing of the team to deliver appropriate day to day support and delivery of projects
- Lead the HR team to support the business in delivering their profit margin and growth targets on time and to agreed milestones. Demonstrating a commercialism of approach and understanding and a high level awareness of the financial situation of the business/division and any key financial challenges.
- Lead the HR team to support the business to deliver positive momentum in key metrics (e.g. retention, employee engagement etc) in line with the business/division people plan. Through the Proactive utilisation of Management Information to identify key areas where HR can support and contribute to business improvement.
- Input to business initiatives in relation to the people agenda, either owning, or being a key contributor to, the Divisional people plan, proactively working with other HR services (e.g. HR Admin and Payroll, Internal Resourcing, Learning & Development, internal communications, Group Talent, etc)
This role requires a true HR generalist who has previously worked within a commercial, fast paced multi-site environment, and who has a proven track record of either working on programmes within the areas of Learning & Development, Recruitment/Resourcing, Reward, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition and Retention.
You should have hands on experience of operating at a strategic level with senior business leaders and have previously been involved in crafting the strategic people agenda for their business/unit/division which has aligned to the business objectives and performance.
This role would suit a strong influencer, with high level coaching skills combined with the ability to provide pragmatic and commercial solutions to business problems.
- CIPD qualified and/or equivalent experience / or currently working towards qualification
- Experience of dealing with TUPE transfers and/or acquisitions and change management
- Experience of working with Trade Unions and Employee Representatives
- Experience of working in complex structures and organisations where delivery of people services is through a mix of supplier arrangements
This is a permanent role paying £55,000 - £65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), company car or car allowance, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health, wellbeing and leisure discounts.
Applicants must be able to work flexibly over a wide geographical area in a multi-site/mobile capacity. The role is based mainly in the Midlands with travel to London, Sheffield, Kent.