This high profile Business Services organisation is recruiting an experienced Senior HR Business Partner for a 9 - 12 month Fixed Term Contract based across two sites in County Cork.
This is an exciting role working with the Managing Director, Divisional HR team and Senior Management Team to provide comprehensive and pragmatic operational HR leadership, support and solutions to the business in line with Company Values, Company procedures and legal requirements.
This role requires someone who can operate at a commercial level and understands the wider business and the value of a well-developed Organisational Design programme. The preferred candidate needs to be an accomplished HR manager who can support the business as it enters its next stage of growth. It is expected that you will be a strong coach, knowing how to bring forward the best in people, and you will have well developed communication skills with the ability to make the complex seem simple.
Key Aspects of the role
- Experience at management level, ideally in a high-growth and dynamic environment, with particular emphasis on HR strategy, the design and delivery of best practice HR solutions
- Contribute to the development of the business’s strategic direction, objectives and goals and align the HR function, systems and priorities with the strategic direction of the company.
- Manage a team of recruitment specialists and a People Organisation and Development team. Therefore you will lead the business initiatives in relation to the people agenda and the business people plan.
- Drive best practices which create an environment where employees contribute to the best of their ability. It is envisaged that this would encompass recruitment, training strategy and planning, employee development, retention, talent management and recognition and compensation programmes.
- Work collaboratively with other HR professionals within the organisation to ensure that we leverage the capabilities and initiatives of the Group.
- Provide management information, data analysis, metrics and tools that demonstrate progress towards achieving and monitoring of key performance indicators. Identify trends and proactively address any issues of high turnover, sickness etc with the Business.
- Drive industry forum and accreditation initiatives.
- Assist the Sales team in tendering for new business as and when required –input into tender responses and advise/ manage HR aspect of acquisitions and new business changes such as TUPE
- Workstream on ad hoc projects e.g. restructuring, change management, Group HR initiatives, talent development, employee
- Provide commercially focused advice and support to Managers on all Employee Relations issues in line with Company procedures including disciplinary, grievance, sickness, absence, Employment Tribunals and other IR issues
- Maintain positive relationship with local Trade Union representatives and employee forums as necessary
- This role requires a true HR generalist who has previously worked within a commercial, fast-paced multi-site environment, and who has a proven track record of either working on programmes within the areas of Learning & Development, Recruitment/Resourcing, Reward, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Acquisition and Retention.
You should have hands-on experience of operating at a strategic level with senior business leaders and have previously been involved in crafting the strategic people agenda for their business/unit/division which has aligned to the business objectives and performance.
This role would suit a strong influencer, with high-level coaching skills combined with the ability to provide pragmatic and commercial solutions to business problems.
- CIPD qualified and/or equivalent experience / or currently working towards qualification
- Experience of dealing with TUPE transfers and/or acquisitions and change management with regards to significant increase in business, dismissals etc.
- Experience of working with Trade Unions and Employee Representatives
- Experience of working in complex structures and multi-site organisations
- Experience of partnering with management teams to deliver people plans and initiatives
This is a 9 - 12 month Fixed Term Contract paying up to €65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health, wellbeing and leisure discounts.
Applicants must be able to work flexibly over two sites in County Cork with the option to work 1-2 days a week from home.