Senior Project Accountant
This international Consulting business provides a Project Accounting / finance outsourcing service to clients as one of its many service offerings. They are seeking an experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller / Project Accountant from a Commercial / Industry background to help manage and expand this part of the business. As the Senior Project Accountant / Financial Controller, you will have three different areas of responsibility;
- Overseeing existing client relationships / ensuring service levels are met
- Completing Finance projects at client sites
- Seeking out new assignments and clients through business development and marketing events.
This unusual role will appeal to those who enjoy working in Project and Interim type roles in a variety of different environments whilst having the support and reputation of a leading international firm behind them. Your days will be full of variety and most weeks will be a mixture of finance projects at client sites alongside managing a small team who provide ongoing support to a number of clients, as well as working alongside the marketing team to help attract new clients.
As the Senior Project Accountant / Financial Controller you will;
- be responsible for providing crucial finance outsourcing solutions to clients (including Finance Controller and Management Accounts services) ensuring that all work exceeds the expectations of clients and partners
- seek out new assignments through business development activity and assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work
- organise and attend office marketing events, be aware of the wider range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products to address the clients' needs
- be responsible for managing key client portfolio and building and maintaining good working relationships with all colleagues and clients
- be responsible for managing teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of staff to ensure work is appropriately completed to satisfy objectives.
To apply successfully, you will be someone who has a genuine interest in your clients and want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations. You will also be;
- professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- comfortable seeking out new work, building relationships and meeting new people.
- up to speed with compliance and regulation, in particular IFRS, FRS 101, FRS 102
- keen to engage and support clients with complex financial reporting matters such as HFI engagements
- able to apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight by asking great questions, listening and drawing on your teams’ collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- supportive and a great mentor to team members
This is a great opportunity to join an award winning international business, who truly support and develop their people, in a different and exciting type of role. Please apply to Ian Hardy at Onyx Recruitment for more information.