This market leading Asset Management company based in Surrey is looking for a UK Risk Reporting Manager to work in the Group Risk team at Senior Manager/VP level.
The role centres around supporting end-to-end risk reporting activity in the UK Risk team covering management reporting, committees, regulated Boards and provide input to regulatory reports. You will take the lead on drafting Board and Committee reports, monitor and coordinate resolution of actions assigned by the Boards, and input to regulatory reports being produced by other members of the team. You will need to ensure that a reporting timetable is maintained and adhered for the UK Risk team whilst being responsible for coordinating input from other risk and business stakeholders. The role holder will also work with other members of the Group Reporting team to in the buildout of strategic reporting.
This role will report to the Head of Group Risk Reporting and Thematic Analysis but will be primarily supporting the UK Chief Risk Officer and UK Risk team.
- Ensure the timely production and distribution of the risk reports to management, UK legal entity Boards, committees and regulators to a high quality standard
- Continuously improve the content and process for producing the risk reports
- Validate the quality and consistency of the data reported and oversight the data sourcing and analysis
- Support the planning and efficient logistics of the risk committees, including review of minutes and tracking of actions
- Maintain and improve documentation describing processes and technical details and requirements to produce the reports
- Contribute to updating internal policies and ERM inventories, taxonomies, minimum standards
- Design and develop new reports as required
- Work with Group and other regional teams to continuously improve group wide risk reporting
- Review and challenge the inputs received from group and region stakeholders
- Prepare and review supporting presentation, documentation and material for meetings
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a strong external professional network to stay ahead of external developments (this includes attending Industry Forums and other events)
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Undergraduate degree level education (or equivalent) in a numerate discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including exemplary report writing experience.
- Prior experience within the financial services industry and risk management is preferable
- Report / business writing skills are critical - experience in journalism or other business writing roles will be considered.
- Prior experience within the financial services industry and risk management is preferable but not mandatory
- In depth experience of writing reports for senior stakeholders and Boards with minimal intervention is required
- Excellent skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong organisational, analytical and interpretative skills with the ability to meet deadlines together with a high degree of personal initiative.
- Ability and experience of running reporting timetables and schedules.
- Proven strong stakeholder management and communication skills
This is a permanent role paying £60,000 - £70,000 depending on experience plus up to 25% bonus.