This rapidly expanding Business Services organisation is seeking to recruit an experienced qualified Commercial Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Operations Directors , this position will suit a dynamic and energetic individual who works well to deadlines and has experience working in a high-volume environment.
This is a pivotal appointment to the Management team and the role requires someone with the experience and gravitas to successfully identify and develop opportunities that will improve the commercial performance of the commercial contracts within a busy Business Support Services organisation focussing mainly on profitability and margins.
Key Aspects of the role
- Identification of targeted commercial improvement opportunities and assist in development of improvement initiatives
- Identification of commercial risks and supporting Operations Directors with improvement plans
- Support and drive the resolution of any commercial problems at Operational and Client level working in conjunction with Operations Directors offering direction and advice
- Reviewing, scrutinizing, and assisting in writing/preparing commercial improvement plans
- Ensuring that the commercial/financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties
- Preparation of commercial risk assessments
- Ensuring that all stakeholders in Operations and Sales adhere to group procedures
- Design and monitoring of control procedures related to commercial performance
- Providing executive support to the Managing Director on the commercial performance of each division within the Business Unit
- Provide commercial support to the Business Development activities
The successful applicant will be a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA , ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial/financial management role. You should have a proven track record within the facilities or support service markets and a good understanding of the costing models used in these industries.
Key skills needed are experience of supporting multiple business units providing sound financial and commercial advice within a multi discipline Client support business. You must have excellent presentation skills and be used to presenting to both finance and non-finance people utilising a commercial and operational mindset whilst backing this up with strong finance acumen.
This role would suit a Senior individual who enjoys working with multi-disciplinary teams and excels at managing people. If you have outstanding communication skills with the ability to remove barriers and drive performance with functional groups and demonstrate creative and effective ways to motivate the team then this could be the career move for you.
This is a permanent role paying £70,000 - £75,000 plus benefits