FP&A / Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager – Project based 6 month contract. - As part of a high performing team, the FP&A Manager will work closely with the Head of Business Planning and Analysis to develop and manage my client’s 3 statement financial model and departmental budgets. As the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, you will also be responsible for developing and documenting all FP&A processes (forecasting, budgeting and analysis) by leveraging the use of reports and dashboards from the two main systems: Salesforce and SUN.
• Create a 3-statement financial model for the company. This will require developing a strong understanding of the business model, the current P&L model and the consequent interlinkages to the balance sheet and cash flow statement.
• Develop and prepare rolling P&L and cashflow forecasts and longer-term projections including scenario modelling and “what-if” analysis.
• Create a revenue forecast and budget model which meets the business requirements. Automate this model by leveraging the use of product codes and reports from Salesforce and SUN.
• Develop and document a complete end-to-end process for creation, analysis and effective reporting of all revenue streams on Salesforce and SUN. Work collaboratively with the CRM team to understand and solve issues/bottlenecks in Salesforce reporting.
• Create a project reporting pack for the Managing Director of Projects, including project analysis of project funding, spend, cashflow etc.
• Collaborate with the business owners to develop longer term, strategic financial plans in support of business objectives as required.
• Act as a financial focal point in respect of Salesforce reporting.
Previous experience in setting up process and procedures.
• Advanced financial modelling skills including knowledge of best practices. Confident in building a 3-statement long-term plan including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement. Able to translate business requirements into a flexible Excel model. • Excellent problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will need to collaborate with different departments in order to develop, action and document suitable solutions for common issues and system bottlenecks.
• Experience in building complex scenario modelling and “what-if” analysis.
• Strong analytical skills. Able to build reports, models and charts (P&L, FTE, business KPIs, ad-hoc analysis etc.) from scratch with no or little guidance.
• A strong team player. Able to keep relevant parties informed of progress, alert colleagues of potential issues and look for solutions when encountering problems. Committed to contribute to achieving team’s objectives.
• Enthusiastic and motivated; acts to work with the business to improve processes and performance at an operational level. Willing to constructively challenge and interpret business assumptions and data.
• Stakeholder management experience, building, strengthening and influencing relationships at all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to think strategically and beyond the impacts of finance, identifying both risks and opportunities.
• Familiar with finance systems, including an ability to extract and enhance reports.