Our client is an international Group offering exceptional career prospects to a part qualified or recently qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Group Accountant. Operating in over 20 countries this exciting business works with household names to deliver great customer experiences around the globe. The primary responsibilities of this role are:
• Head office company accounting including intercompany;
• Supporting the timely production of the monthly Group consolidation (multi-currency consolidation);
• The management accounting and preparation of statutory financial statements for head office companies including the treasury company;
A key requirement of the role is to be able to work closely and effectively with both the in-country and group finance teams. This is particularly important during the half year and year end process, where the successful candidate will support the Group Head of Financial Reporting and the Group Financial Reporting Manager to ensure that the external audit process runs smoothly and will assist in the preparation of the group consolidated statutory accounts.
Maintain accurate accounting records for head office companies. This will include:
• Accounting for intercompany interest and settlement of intercompany interest and principal balances.
• Production of monthly management accounts for head office companies.
• Reporting of head office costs and intercompany recharges
• Production of monthly management reports for the treasury function, including revaluation report for external debt, actual and budgeted interest and cash reports.
•Preparation of intercompany reports on a monthly basis and ensuring accuracy of intercompany reporting in the group consolidation system. This will include co-ordinating with UK and overseas finance teams to ensure any discrepancies are identified and resolved on a timely basis.
• Ensuring the completeness of monthly reporting submissions by the group companies in the consolidation system and ensuring that any discrepancies are identified and resolved on a timely basis.
• Working closely with Group Financial Reporting Manager as part of period end consolidation process as follows:
• To review the completeness and accuracy of key accounting reconciliations e.g. provisions, fixed assets, debt.
• To ensure that the Group’s goodwill balance is accurately reported including revaluation of goodwill, maintained in foreign currency.
• To ensure that the interest charge on Group’s external loan is completely and accurately recorded in each of the individual Financing companies (UK and overseas)
• Assistance with the preparation of monthly consolidation pack including all key reconciliations
• Preparation of various reports under the group’s external debt agreement on a monthly basis.
• Assistance in review and reporting of monthly head office cost reports in preparation of head office cost budget and forecast as well as monthly head office budget vs actual reviews.
• Processing invoices and posting various journal entries as required
• Assisting Group Financial Reporting Manager in the preparation of Group and Head office entities’ financial statements.
• Dealing with ad hoc requests from the Group Financial Controller, Group Head of Financial Reporting, Group Financial Reporting Manager and other senior managers as required.
• Over 3 years experience in a similar Group Finance role
• Experience of consolidation
• Strong record of academic achievement.
• Understanding of treasury function
• Experience of complex international consolidations an advantage.
• Knowledge of the UK and International accounting standards.
• Strong systems proficiency, particularly the use of Excel spreadsheets.
• Good communication skills, with interpersonal skills to be comfortable working with colleagues at all levels within the business.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and strong self-review processes a pre-requisite for this role.