Risk and Corporate Governance Manager - 6 month contract
Our client is a high profile City business entering a period of exciting change. They are seeking a Risk and Corporate Governance Manager, initially for a 6 month contract, to support the organisation in implementing any short term changes agreed upon, whilst also taking a leading role in the development of a risk appetite and an assurance map to support the Accounting Officer’s 2018/19 Governance Statement.
The role involves:
• Ensuring that the Risk Register is brought up to date in line with the risk appetite statement, including gathering evidence from managers and consulting the Audit Committee.
• Developing the assurance map, based on existing evidence but also identifying and addressing gaps, that will underpin the Governance Statement accompanying the 2018/19 Annual Report.
• Making recommendations on proportionate risk and assurance processes that will support the business as it goes through a period of growth and transformation.
A relevant degree and/or professional qualifications, as well as previous experience as a Risk Manager. The ideal candidates will have:
• Excellent knowledge of risk management and internal control principles
• Ability to connect with a wide range of different personalities and build productive relationships with all levels of management to implement change
• Good technical knowledge of excel/PowerPoint/word
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
A basic salary of £80k - £88k per annum, plus comprehensive benefits, generous holidays and a flexible working culture are being offered. Please email your details to Ian Hardy at Onyx Recruitment to apply, or to find out more.