So; Onyx Recruitment has placed you in a temporary role – congratulations!! But what next? How will you be paid? How is the holiday pay calculated? What do we need from you to get you set up on the payroll? What if you work via a limited company? Below are the answers to these questions!
The pay rate we agree with you before commencing the assignment will be paid on a PAYE basis and holiday pay will be paid in addition to that rate.
The Holiday Year will run from the start of April to the end of March. During that time you are entitled to 28 days paid leave if you work the whole year (and scaled down proportionately for any part of it). You will need to tell us when you are due to take holidays and for how many days. We will keep records of your entitlement as it grows during the Holiday Year, so that you will know how much you have built up to take at any one time.
Holiday Pay will be paid for as days (or part days) of leave, not hours, as your entitlement is accrued on that basis, so we need to be consistent for both.
The pay rate we agree will be paid via your limited company into the company bank account. It cannot be paid to a personal bank account. We require a copy of your Certificate of Incorporation, your VAT registration details and the letter confirming that you are opting in or out.
New Starters will receive:
- Assignment confirmation clarifying pay rate and type (PAYE or Ltd Co), assignment start date, company name and address, job title and working hours.
- Personal details form – this needs to be completed to include Candidate Details & Bank details
- HMRC New Starter form to be completed and signed and returned
- Request for any associated documents (certificates, passport, work permits, referee contact details or verifiable references etc.)
- Agency Workers Regulations document
Onyx then sends this information to TBOS (our payroll company) who raise the contracts for the contractor and client (all online). These are emailed to you, the Client and to Onyx for signature and completed signed copies are then sent to all parties by email.
Once contracts are signed, TBOS set the contractor and client/approver up on the portal and contractor and client both receive an email from our portal with a link asking them to verify their account and create a password. Once they’ve done this, they can use their email address and password to log in each time.
Timesheets and Payroll Process:
- Contractor submits timesheet and an email is sent to the approver to inform them of this.
- The approver can click the link in the email to log on and approve the contractor’s timesheet.
- Once the timesheet has been approved, TBOS process payment to the contractor with the agreed payment terms and raise the sales invoice to the client accordingly.
- Ideally completed timesheets (and invoices if applicable) should be uploaded at the end of the working week to allow the approver to authorise in time for the payroll run on Tuesday morning. There are no exemptions for late timesheets. Wages are paid on the next Friday following the Tuesday payroll run (weekly in arrears).
Your consultant is on hand to assist with any queries relating to your assignment so please liaise directly with them if you have any concerns at any point of your assignment.